TimescaleDB is a PostgreSQL time-series database extension providing automatic partitioning across date and key values.
TimescaleDB is maintained by Timescale, Inc. and provided under the Apache 2.0 license (and as of release 1.2.0 with some features under the "Timescale License").
The first stable public release (1.0.0) was in 2018.
This is a summary of the
TimescaleDB major point releases; for a full and detailed list of releases, see the TimescaleDB release page.
- 2.1.0 (2021-02-22)
- 2.0.0 (2020-12-21)
- support for distributed hypertables (multi-node TimescaleDB)
- support for PostgreSQL 13
- 1.7.0 (2020-04-16)
- 1.6.0 (2020-01-16)
- 1.5.0 (2019-11-01)
- 1.4.0 (2019-06-18)
- new custom node "ChunkAppend"
- support for multiple continuous aggregates
- 1.3.0 (2019-05-06)
- "continuous aggregate" functionality added
- 1.2.0 (2019-01-29)
- "Timescale License" added
- time-series analytical functions
- advanced data lifecycle management
- performance improvements
- full PostgreSQL 11 support
- deprecation of adaptive chunking
- 1.1.0 (2018-12-13)
- beta support for PostgreSQL 11
- performance optimizations aimed at improving chunk exclusion for read queries
- timescale-tune tool (currently in beta) packaged with Linux releases
- 1.0.0 (2018-10-30)
- initial stable release
Beginning with version 1.2.0, some
TimescaleDB features are provided under the "Timescale License". While source code for these features is publicly available, their usage is subject to restrictions defined in the license.
The complete text of the Timescale License is available here.