phpPgAdmin (sometimes abbreviated to PPA or ppa) is a web-based administration tool for PostgreSQL programmed in
Originally a created as a fork of phpMyAdmin,
phpPgAdmin was rewritten from the ground up in 2002 with version 3 to support new features being added to PostgreSQL such as schemas. There was a hiatus in development between 2013 and 2018, but active development has since resumed.
Screenshot of phpPgAdmin (from January 2013)
phpPgAdmin provides a plugin architecture with which plugins to support additional functionality can be added by third-party developers.
This is a summary of recent major point releases; for a full and detailed list of releases, see the phpPgAdmin release page.
Note that beginning with 7.12.0, the versioning will indicate the supported PHP version (here: PHP 7) and the most recent PostgreSQL version supported (here: 12).
- 7.13.0 (2020-11-06; release notes)
- requires PHP 7.2 or later
- supports all recent PostgreSQL versions, including PostgreSQL 13
- 7.12.0 (2019-09-29; release notes)
- requires PHP 7.1 or later; PHP 5 support removed
- supports all recent PostgreSQL versions, including PostgreSQL 12
- 5.6 (2018-11-13)
- 5.1.0 (2013-04-15)
- 5.0.0 (2010-11-30)
- 4.0.1 (2005-11-23)
- 3.0.1 (2003-08-13)