pg_trgm is a contrib module providing functions and operators for determining the similarity of alphanumeric text based on trigram matching, and index operator classes for fast string searching.
pg_trgm was added in PostgreSQL 8.0.
- PostgreSQL 14
- PostgreSQL 13
- PostgreSQL 11 (extension version 1.4)
strict_word_similarity()added (commit be8a7a68)
- PostgreSQL 9.6 (extension version 1.3)
- function cleanup and parallel query support (commit 749a787c)
- PostgreSQL 9.6 (extension version 1.2)
- PostgreSQL 9.4
- improved heuristics for regular expression index searches (commit 80a5cf64)
- PostgreSQL 9.3 (extension version 1.1)
- support indexing of regular-expression searches (commit 3ccae48f)
- PostgreSQL 9.1 (extension version 1.0)
- PostgreSQL 8.4
- support for multibyte encoding added (commit b87b52bf)
- PostgreSQL 8.3
- PostgreSQL 8.0
- added (commit cbfa4092)
Note: some modifications prior to PostgreSQL 9.1 may not be recorded here.